Possible exposure to HIV/STD?

Possible HIV/STD exposure Hello everyone, I was in a situation recently that has given me some concern about possible HIV/STD exposure.

I am a male, always been with women but decided I wanted to try something with another guy. I met him online, and after chatting for a while went to his place. I performed oral sex on him (PROTECTED) for 30 seconds. Then I received anal sex from him (PROTECTED) for maybe 40 seconds, it felt uncomfortable and slightly painful so I stopped it. There was no ejaculation from either the oral or anal, and the condom was still on him and intact after. He used a water based lubricant. There was no rectal bleeding that I noticed. He said he was negative and recently tested but there's no way to know if that's true.

This was a week ago. Should I be concerned? I spoke to a health care specialist and she said I probably have nothing to worry about. But I would like to get tested for peace of mind. How long should I wait to do this? Thank you all for reading and replying.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

First off, there's no risk for HIV, Hepatitis, Gonorrhea, or Chlamydia from the sex you had. This is because it was protected. Those four STDs are transmitted by fluid and condoms stop fluids from being passed between people.

Congrats on doing a great job of keeping yourself safe while trying something new! Using condoms with water-based lube is definitely the way to go. Even better you talked with your partner about his status (to make this more helpful, make sure to talk about this before sex).

As for other STDs like Syphilis, Herpes, or HPV these are transmitted by aggressive direct (naked) skin-to-skin contact. Condoms will help with some of this risk, but there may be times when your "boxer-short region" isn't covered and would rub against his.

This isn't to say that you risk is huge, but I'm going to recommend to you the same thing we say to all sexually active people: get tested regularly. Think of it as another kind of Check Up.

Hope this helps!

Erik

Please help Dr. Glenn - Fish Pedicure
all the symptoms of HIV and 13 negative tests