Barber shop

I take both of my boys to get there hair cut while lining their heads I notice they have like long lines of scratches across their foreheads from the clippers being to sharp can they contract hepatitis or HIV from this

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

There is no risk for HIV from this situation, I can tell you that right now. In terms of Hepatitis, there would only be risk if there was significant dried blood on the scissors and the barber actually cut your boys. This sounds very very unlikely to me (since both of these things would need to be true). You mentioned "scratches" not "cuts." There needs to be "cuts" and it sounds like there weren't any!

Hope this helps!

Erik

P.S. It's worth asking if your boys have been vaccinated for Hepatitis B. If so, then there's no possibility of them getting Hepatitis B.

additional question relative to bed sheets
private insurance and HIV