additional question relative to bed sheets

Thanks for your answer regarding HIV positive semen on sheets. I gathered from your comments that it would be impossible for transmission to occur via the semen entering any body orifices. I'm still wondering though if transmission would have been possible via an open sore in contact with semen that was still wet? Thanks, again.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for the follow-up,

It's much easier for us to talk about specific situations than "hypothetical situations" btw.

I say this because in the situation you describe, it doesn't make sense to me that semen would be fresh, wet, and in significant quantities to pose a risk of HIV. That just won't happen, sore or not. We really do need HIV body fluid coming out of someone's body and going immediately/directly inside of someone else's body. We need all those things to happen. No cutting corners.

So when you say "semen that was still" that sounds like it was stilling around for awhile. HIV would've already died (that's why contact needs to be immediate). It also sounds like contact with the sore would've been too slight to be risky (that's why it has to be "direct" contact - a light tap won't do it.. and it doesn't sound like you were rubbing the semen in your sore)

Hope these details help. Still sounds like a no risk situation.

Erik

i had sex for the first time
Barber shop