Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Massage
Oct 30, 2012

I do not know why you wont answer my question, but let me try one more time. I am worried about an activity that I had engaged in 12 days ago that potentially has put me at the risk of HIV exposure. I had a masseuse visit me in my hotel room for a massage. She had long finger nails that were painted red. I noticed that she had itchy skin and was vigorously scratching herself while giving me a massage. She also scratched me a few times. After she left I noticed that she had cut the skin on my back and had drawn a little bit of blood. The cut is only skin deep, and is about a quarter to a half inch long. I am not sure if she had fresh blood under her fingernails from scratching herself. I was in the nude during the massage, while she was wearing a thong. She also spat a few times on the tip of my penis. I am worried that I may have been exposed to the HIV virus in the process. Please let me know if you think that I may have been infected. Thank you very much.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for the question,

Unfortunately it can be difficult for us to answer every question we get (we literally get hundreds). I can tell you're anxious, but your question is remarkably similar to dozens of questions that have been answered in our forum already. This is probably we we haven't gotten around to your particular submission.

I understand that your anxiety. It's evident in asking a question of this nature that has no risk for HIV. And let me assure you, there is no risk.

You may ask "Why?" The answer is repeated throughout this forum. Simply put, there wasn't anything fresh in significant quantities coming out of her body and going immediately/directly inside of yours. There just wasn't.

She may have made you bleed (I'm sorry to hear that!) but there still wasn't anything fresh being put inside your body.

I don't want to leave you hanging now that we're in the middle of this discussion, so let me encourage you to find someone that you can talk to face-to-face to help you develop the skills to manage your anxiety. This may take time, but our goal here is to help you feel good over the long term and not for a little while.

Hope this gives you some solace.

Erik

Previous
Hiv risk from oral cut
Next
in mental pain

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.