What's my HIV risk...cut on hand....

A few days ago I was on vacation. I was retrieving my luggage from the people at the hotel that hold your luggage. When he got my bag for me and I gave him a tip his thumb touched my thumb. Now my hands were really dry at this point and after he gave me my suitcase I went into it to get moisturizer. While I did this my knuckles started to bleed (because I must have made a fist and they were so dry, it was like a little 1 by 1 millimeter cut on each knuckle) I saw them bleeding and Immediateely put moisturizer on them to soften them up.

What is my HIV risk if the guy who touched my thumb had a cut on his thumb and passed his blood onto my thumb and then I used my thumb to put moisturuzer on my hands which had open cuts on them like 30 seconds later??? Please help me , im so scared about this... I dont know for sure if the guy had an open cut on his thumb, just assuming he may have

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

There is simply no risk for HIV from this situation. You can't get HIV from casual situations. This can't be repeated enough.

For HIV to transmit there needs to be HIV positive body fluid coming out of someone's body and going directly/immediately inside of your body. This just didn't have the chance to happen in your case.

Your "cut" (which was actually just a break in the skin), was so incredibly minor. We're not even sure you had it when you touched the attendant. In either case it wouldn't have mattered. There wasn't a significant amount of blood (if there was any at all). There wasn't a significant way into the body (if there was any at all).

Hope this helps!

Erik

Please, I don't want to end up in a white rubber room?
aids