|I kissed a HIV+ guy
Oct 28, 2012
I kissed an HIV+ guy 5 times for around 2 minutes each time. I didn't know he was HIV+ but later he told me. That day I had a pimple on my lip that I popped with a needle in the morning. Also I have dry lips. I'm in risk?
| Response from Mr. Cordova
I do not think that kissing is much of a risk for HIV transmission. Be advised that if your partner had bleeding gums, and you had open sores in your mouth then there would be a theoretical risk for HIV. However, in reality, I do not think you should be concerned, and I do not think you need to be tested for this incidence in particular.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What If You Took Medicine For Chlamydia And I Still Have Symptoms What Does That Mean?
- What Do Shingles Look Like When They First Start?
- What Color Are Genital Herpes Lesions?
- What Are The Odds Of My Partner Having Genital Warts And Me Not?
- Topical Home Remedies For Genital Herpes Sores
- Symptoms Of Herpes In The Urethra
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.