|HIV antibody test
Oct 28, 2012
Hello. I have a question. I got a antibody test done after 10.5 weeks. 76 days and it was negative. Do I need to have any furhter testing. I have a lump on my neck but my boyfriend two of my friends have a bump around the same area. My hiv risk was with an unknown status person one unprotected vaginal .
| Response from Ms. Southall
Hi The guidelines for HIV testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks then again at 3 months, if both of these tests are negative then so are you, as long as there were no other types of exposure during that 3 month period, if so then the timing starts over again.
Everyone has lymph nodes and they can swell for many different reasons everything from just being tired to fighting off colds and viruses. It doesn't mean HIV is present. Your lymph nodes are the part of your immune system and so when they go to work they can swell.
I hope this helps. Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Pain In Urethra After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Penis Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Purple Spots After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Hep B With A Condom?
- If You Keep Getting Vaginal Infections In Your Vagina, Do That Mean You Have HIV?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.