NAT Positive, Spot test Negative

Hi, few days back I have donated blood to a blood bank and one of the women working there called me up and told me confidentially that I was tested positive in the NAT test. She also said I would test negative for any other test until a few months (I assume alternative tests were done and found to be negative). I panicked and got myself a rapid tridot test done, it came out to be negative. The last time I got exposed was one and a half years ago (there was absolutely no contact with women after that). The technician who did the NAT test reportedly said that I would test positive after 3-6 months. The last time I got into physical contact was over 1.5 years ago, and it consisted of 3 encounters (twice with the same woman who claims to be HIV negative, I don't know about the other woman). I understand where the technician's 3-6 months timeframe is coming from but I am absolutely sure I couldn't have acquired the virus any time within the last 1.5 years, let alone in the last few weeks as the technician probably feels, since I abstained from sex or any physical contact. Please help me, I already feel traumatized but I strongly believe the NAT test showed up a false positive. The technician feels that the NAT test is 100% accurate since the machine is expensive and the technology is new (I assume it's not true from what I've read online). I have never felt any symptoms either and nor did the two women I had sex with. Is it possible that I could have acquired HIV?

I agree with you that this sounds a bit strange. I would go immediately to a local health department or academic center that houses an Infectious Diseases clinic and ask for blood to be drawn for acute and rapid HIV testing.

You can also ask if you can get a copy of the NAAT test report as a low level of virus detected increases the chances that this was a false positive.

Drawing Blood
hiv test not negative not positive