HIV Transmission Risk Through Protected Sex

Hello, I had protected intercourse with a friend I m talking to about 5 weeks ago. She has been on ARV drugs for the past 13 months with a cd4 count above 650. Had 3 bumps like razor bumps quite close to the base of my penis at the time. I did have a quick wash afterwards. About 2 weeks later while in the tropics I fell ill with fever, diarrhoea (1 day followed by loose stool for about a week), headache, night sweat and fatigue. This was diagnosed as malaria by a doctor. Took an HIV test at 22 days which came out negative. About a week afterwards even after the plasmodiam parasites had been cleared I still felt a little feverish (though my temperature was 36.5) with fatigue. I had my 2nd hep B vaccine shot 2 days later. Following that, I noticed some rash around my back and chest. I felt some stiffness/pain in my back, neck and left shoulder, fatigue, Since I was unsure of the course I resorted to taking regular showers and applying some medication on it. It seemed to clear after a few days. At week 4, developed a slight throat irritation but was relieved until a proper sore throat appeared in week 5. This has been accompanied by neck pains, slight headache and a burning sensation when I touch or rest my back against an object e.g seat. Also noticed some lesions in my groin. Would appreciate some insight into what is happening and advice on the next steps to take. Thanks.

You certainly have plenty of reasons beside HIV to get some of the symptoms you describe. In fact, hard to pin any of this on HIV at this point.

Acute retroviral syndrome come on quickly and then fades. It does not linger. Plus, your HIV test was negative and your sex was protected (no matter what was going on at the base of your penis).

You should see a doctor as you may have caught something else in the tropics rather than an STI from your friend.

accidently swapped toothbrush with my mom
Drawing Blood