|accidently swapped toothbrush with my mom
Oct 28, 2012
hi, recently my mom and i swapped toothbrushes accidently and i have bleed from my gums sometimes and we didnt know we swapped toothbrushes because we have the same colot brushes. i am really scared my mom and i might get infected. please help me out doc!
| Response from Dr. Wohl
First of all, what infections are you worried about? A cold could be shared with toothbrush swapping but little else. Are you HIV+? Is she? Still does not matter. HIV is not transmitted by toothbrushes, ever.
Avoid sharing toothbrushes regardless just because of the yuck factor. This is why they come in different colors.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Toothbrush?
- Rectal Bleeding After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can A Bladder Infection Cause Vaginal Bleeding?
- Can You Get Herpes From Semen?
- How Long Should You Wait To Get Tested For Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.