|lancet and test risk
Oct 28, 2012
Hello my son and I went to an hiv testing site so i could get tested There was a biohazard box on the ground with plastic teeth at the top. he was playing near it. in the box were only retractable lancets and used oraquik tests from 24 hours prior. is tehre any risk??
| Response from Ms. Southall
Hi No risk! HIV begins to die once it is outside of the body and most definitely would not be infectious 24 hours later.
Again, this is not a risk.
Be well, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Once You Use A Lancet For Hiv Testing Is It Reusable
- What Foods To Stay Away From When You Have Genital Herpes?
- What Do Herpes Warts First Look Like?
- What Can I Do At Home To Make My Herpes Outbreak Go Away?
- Getting Treatment For Genital Warts When Can I Have Sex Again
- Is Tea Tree Oil For Shingles?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.