Please enlighten me on my situation

Hello, I was already assessed that my exposure which involved me doing nipple sucking and fingering to the therapist without any skin breakage and also immediately applied alcohol after that; and the therapist doing handjob, licked my scrotum area and my nipples. All of these are no risks as I was told. These incidents happened last July 5 and October 16 of this year. My question is on oct 16 the night the incident happened I already started to have clogged and running nose plus sticky phlegm. Then it got worst but not to the point Im having headaches. But it's getting better, but the thing that worries me is that yesterday when I was taking a shower, I felt a small bean shaped on the mid section of my neck which I think is a swollen lymph node just one bump and around an inch of a diameter. I'm worried that is related to HIV. Please enlighten me on this thanks. My previous encounter were already cleared by test. This July and October incident was not covered as most doctors I talked with that with the incident I described no need for test.

Hi Yes it can be a lymph node and those nodes can be from many things not just HIV. If you went through the recommending testing, to be initially tested at 3 weeks then again at 3 months, if both of these tests are negative then so are you, as long as there were no other types of exposure during that 3 month period, if so then the timing starts over again.

From what you have described I concur with what the professionals have told you and that you are HIV free. If your symptoms continue I recommend that you follow up with your health care provider.

Be well, Shannon

having a baby with an HIV positive partners
lancet and test risk