having a baby with an HIV positive partners

My husband is positive and on ART. How can I conceive and have a healthy negative child and also maintaning my negative status. Pliz advise I really want a baby.

Hi It is possible to have a HIV free baby and keeping yourself negative as well. This is definitely something to talk with your husband's infectious disease physician and also consult an OBGYN that has expertise in dealing with couples living with HIV.

There is a procedure called sperm washing where they can clean your husbands sperm and then inseminate you. I also know of other couples who have chosen to take the risk of having unprotected sex when the partners viral load is undetectable. There are studies that have shown that someone on medication with a undetectable viral load can decrease the chances of transmission by up to 96%.

It is possible to have a healthy baby, I strongly encourage you to talk with all the physicians involved to get the most education about this so that you can make the best decision for you and your husband.

Ms. South hall! Help please
Please enlighten me on my situation