Oct 27, 2012
Hi Shannon, I have a question....I went to use the bathroom and when I got up I looked down and there was a little streak of blood on the seat. About the size of a small pea (if even that big) It had been at least 5-10 minutes before anyone was in the bathroom before me. Is this a possible exposure to hiv or anything? Please help I'm freaking out! Thanks!
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi Getting HIV from a toilet seat is highly unlikely. HIV begins to die once it is outside of the body and for HIV to enter into your body from the toilet seat you would have to have a fresh wound on your body where it contracts the blood.
This is considered casual contact and not a risk for HIV transmission.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do Purple Spots Mean I Have Hiv?
- Dry Cough After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Are Red Bumps All Over The Body A Sign Of An Std?
- After Using Pep Is A Three Month Window Period Accurate
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.