toilet seat

Hi Shannon, I have a question....I went to use the bathroom and when I got up I looked down and there was a little streak of blood on the seat. About the size of a small pea (if even that big) It had been at least 5-10 minutes before anyone was in the bathroom before me. Is this a possible exposure to hiv or anything? Please help I'm freaking out! Thanks!

Hi Getting HIV from a toilet seat is highly unlikely. HIV begins to die once it is outside of the body and for HIV to enter into your body from the toilet seat you would have to have a fresh wound on your body where it contracts the blood.

This is considered casual contact and not a risk for HIV transmission.

Help Shannon please
Ms. South hall! Help please