Chance of getting HIV from partner
Oct 27, 2012
Wife been HIV for 5 years. Not on med, yet. Undecitivable. What are my chances of getting HIV by not using condoms. I have read less than 4%. We have not used condoms for 5 years with no problem. But, when she goes on Med, does the percentage change.
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi There have been studies that show that someone with an undetectable viral load the risk of HIV transmission can be decreased by up to 96% and of course wearing a condom decreases those chances even more so. When she would go onto medication as long as her viral load remained undetectable the risk remains the same. Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do People Catch AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Groin Pain After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Are Painful Swollen Lymph Nodes In Back Of Head Sign Of HIV?
- Deep Kissing And Sucking Neck Hiv Risk
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.