Pre-Cum and ripped condom

I recently engaged in anal sex with a man who said he was HIV- and tested 6 months ago. We used protection, but found part way through that the first condom had ripped. We replaced it but I am still nervous about possible precum having leaked inside of me. I cannot seem to get a good answer on how much of a risk precum is. There was no bleeding afterwards so while there was likely some stretching, it does not appear there was tearing down there. Would PEP be administered if he was found to be HIV+ given this exposure, and would it be recommended that I take it under those circumstances? I am still within the 72 hour window and stressed out. If that is a possibility I would ask he and I to take a rapid test (the new oral swab one) but I don't want to be really over-reactive. It also seems like I am coming down with a cold, but since it is so soon after this incident I think I am overly sensitive to a runny nose. What would you recommend? I already plan to have all STD tests as soon as I reach the testing window but I need to act fast if it was a high risk exposure.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

I see based on the date of your question that you are outside of the window for taking PEP. Overall, I think your risk in this situation was not extremely high. It's hard to say how much HIV can be present in pre-ejaculatory fluid, so I am sorry that I cannot offer more information in that regard.

I'd say the fact that he self-identifies as being HIV negative, you started and ended with a condom, and he did not ejaculate inside of you are the best indicators that transmission was unlikely to have occurred. Follow up with an HIV test at 90 days to be certain.

In health,

Richard

HIV Positive at school blood drive (Red Cross) Help!!
Cut on lip smoking a joint