Risk worthy of testing or not

Hello Dr. Glenn, I had a potential risk encounter about 4 weeks ago. I performed fellatio on a gentleman of unknown status for about 10-15 minutes, there was no pre-cum as far as I could tell and there was no ejaculation at all. The only body fluid present was a lot of saliva from me. My gums bleed a little when I brush but not all of the time. This was the first time I have done this. I also knew my status up until this incedent. I have experienced a symptom or two but I think thats because of anxiety and guilt namely a headache. I was hoping you could tell me if I should test or not. Your input would be greately appreciated.

Thank you

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

Oral sex is considered very low risk because the mouth isn't a very good way to get or give HIV. Just because your gums bleed a little while you brush (not a huge shock there), doesn't mean that you have substantial bleeding during the oral sex. Also, headaches are not something that will tell you if you HIV. Headaches are one of the most general things in the whole, caused by countless things!

In a nutshell this all means that you should be tested for HIV/STDs just like all sexually active people. But are you at substantial risk? Nope.

Hope this helps!

Erik

HIV from "fist bump"
NO ONE WILL ANSWER! PLEASE ANSWER!!! HIV RISK!