Herpies

How Long does herpies stay dormant in your body. My husband is 62 yrs old and I am 52 yrs old he just got dianosed with herpies. We have been together 27 yrs I go to find out next week if I have it also. I am devistated and can you get it any other way than sexual contact genital herpies i

Herpes virus is the cause of genital herpes and the common cold sore. While HSV type 1 is typically associated with oral lesions and type 2 with genital, either can cause infections at either site, so someone with cold sores can transmit HSV1 to the genitals via oral sex and vice versa.

Once infected, the virus lives with us for life- sometimes causing recurrent symptoms and in some individuals, without symtoms or outbreaks.

So, I can't tell you if your husband's herpes is a new infection or recurrence of long-dormant infection. Perhaps time for a heart-to-heart, but there's no way medical science can tell you the answer.

Good luck, BY

my boyfriend was biten
How long does HIV survive outside the body wet or dried?