my boyfriend was biten
Oct 21, 2012
by a gay man and is worried that he may have caught something please help
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi Thanks for your question, just because someone is gay or assumed to be so doesn't mean they have HIV. If the person who bit your boyfriend does indeed HIV, HIV transmission carries a low risk through oral or through a bite is very small.
There are other things to be concerned about, a human bite is very dirty, making sure you watch for infection etc......
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Penis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Antibiotics Used To Treat Gonorrhea And Chlamydia
- Female Condom To Prevent Bleeding During Sex
- Can Hiv Survive In Toilet Water?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.