risk of transmission through biohazard box
Oct 21, 2012
Hello I work in a clinic where we only test with retractable lancets and I was carrying a bin that was two days old with used oraquik tests from 2 days prior and retractable lancets. I picked up the tests is ther any risk
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi HIV dies once it is outside of the body. Two days old the HIV would most definitely be dead and unable to infect. Also you would have to have an open wound and have immediate direct exchange of body fluid.
In your instance and from what you have described there is nothing to worry about regarding HIV transmission.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Undetectable HIv And Rapid Tests
- How Long After Your Affected With Hiv Do You Get Yeast Infections?
- How Many Days After Contact With Hiv Person Will Hiv Show Up In Blood?
- Can I Get Hiv If I Have Bacterial Vaginosis?
- Thrush In Mouth And Vagina Passed During Sex
- How Long Does It Take To Get Results For An Hiv Blood Test?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.