rna for early diagnosis

Doc, I tested negative with naat test three weeks after exposure, did the under <20 Roche through online lab that went to bioscience. They said RNA detected under 20. They ran the test again and said undetected with viral load under 20. I did another one with another clinic, undetected. At Six weeks with negative antibody. Was that one detected under 20 a false positive? Exposure was hand job from massage place. Symptoms, cold sores, muscle and joint aches.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

The test result that was "detected" but <20 was not necessarily a false-positive, but it could have been.

The situation you described is pretty much a no risk situation. Also, while not conclusive, your six-week anti-body test is a fairly good indicator of what you can expect at the 90 day mark. Given the situation, I do not think you need a 90 day test. However, if it will make you feel better you can get a final test at 90 days. I am confident the result will be negative.

In health,

Richard

Mild running nose, sticky phlegm and clogged nose
HIV Test is giving sporadic results