hiv test and asthma medication
Oct 21, 2012
I have got tested (HIV-1 Antibody and HIV 1/O/2 Abs, Qual - STD Test Express website - Labcorp) 4 months after potential exposure. I took Primatene mist for asthma 2 months back but my doctor asked me to stop using it and prescribed PREDNISONE, ALBUTEROL inhaler and BUDESONIDE and I have been taking these for past two months. My tests came negative. My question are 1) Is test conclusive? 2) Does medications mentioned above cause false negative?
3) It was 8 panel test which includes Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, HSV 1, HSV 2, HIV and syphilis. All except HSV 1 came negative. I am not worried about HSV 1 from internet research but can I consider that the test is conclusive and move on...
Response from Mr. Cordova
1. Yes. Anything beyond 90 days is considered conclusive.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- If You Wear Condom Can You Still Get Hiv?
- What Systems Of The Body Do Shingles Affect?
- What If Had Sex After Taking The Pills For Chlamydia?
- What Can Can Cause A False Positive Syphilis Test?
- Treatment Of Male Partner Bacterial Vaginosis
- Time It Takes To Get Genital Warts After Exposure
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.