Dr Wohl please read.

In 1992 I became ill with deep thigh pain (both), diarrhea, swollen lymph nodes, weight loss narrowing of my terminal ileum and fatigue. I was bedridden for over a year. I tested for hiv 6 and 8 months after any possible exposure unprotected sex with a woman I believe may have been infected based on her losing weight and I observed taking several pills which she would not discuss why with me no other possible exposure since. I saw twenty doctors who could not help me. I slowly went up and down with some recovery to feeling sick over the course of 14 years.

I decided I would try and have a baby with my wife who tested hiv negative in 2005 before having our baby in 2006. Recently my child became ill with some calf pain and elevated Liver enzymes decreased wbc (1.7) and fever for 7 days over 101. degrees was hospitalized and tested for EBV , Hep, and bone marrow came showed something had suppressed his immune system but he was now recovering and his WBC and Neutophils were going back to normal.Thank God!! Also his liver enzymes went down to 100 from 2000

In May 2012 I became ill with the same symptoms I experienced in 1992 ..diarreah for a month, weight loss of 20lbs, fatigue lymph nodes 1 cm under my armpits and neck. My previous hiv tests were (June 1992, July 1992, April 2003) I decided to test again in June 2012 - Labcorp HIV1/O/2 which was "non reactive". My last possible exposure was in 1990.

Also tested at the same time for EBV. Showed EBV VCA IGG >8.0 and EBV nuclear antigen >8.0

I am still concerned about this episode unprotected vaginal sex (1990) with a person I suspect may have been positive.

Am I worrying myself thinking I am really not negative and my son's his illness has something to do with me?

Please help me sir. Am I being irrational? I have tried to move on with my life by even considering having a child 14 years after I was feeling sick with these symptoms. Torture

You are not infected. You also do not describe your wife's health. For your child to be infected she woul dhave to be infected. Presumably, she has been tested for HIV??

None of this sounds right for HIV and your child's unfortunate illness is likely completely unrelated to your prior illness.

sorry to bother again
Elisa 4th generation hiv test - negaitive