Anxiety has gone down, but I still have some fears!
Oct 15, 2012
More than about a month ago I posted I question about a bleeding razor nick in a guy's chin as we kissed. I have also read that the risk of infection is low when it comes to kissing. I received a respose stating that the risk of infection was low since there was not sufficient blood to register a risk. I have the following questions, 1. How much is "sufficient blood" to register as a risk of infection?
2. What does "blood exchange" really mean?
3. Since the day after we kissed, I have had some sore throat and now some flu like symptoms, could these be related to some type of HIV or STI?
4. How do I address these concerns with my doctor? I have never had an sti and I don't know how to address it.
I hope I can get answers to these questions.
Response from Dr. Wohl
A lot of blood. More than teh normal mouth to mouth encounter would or should entail. You will not get HIV from kissing. Spread the word.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bloody Nose After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Can Mucous In Stool Be An Std?
- Just Because The Vagina Is Burning Doesn't Mean You Have An Std
- Can You Get Hiv From Non Hollow Bore Needle?
- Diabetes And False Positive Hiv Tests
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.