Oct 15, 2012
Doctor Sorry for my english im italian Ive had unprotected vaginal intercourse. After 31 days I have made two separate tests with two samples of blood.
One test in hospital HIV 1/2 AB without p24 antigen
one test in private laboratory test Hiv Antigen p24 only antigen
Is the same duo or combo test? or not? Has not been made the simultaneous search of ab / ag but two separate tests. I hope its understood my problem. However, the tests are negative.
Response from Dr. Wohl
The p24 antigen is a part of the HIV virus and is detected sooner than antibodies to the virus made by the body. The tests you had, including a combined antigen and antibody test, indicate you are HIV negative.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What If I've Never Had Sex And I Have Herpes?
- What Effects Does Syphilis Have On Sterility And Infertility?
- What Does The Discharge Of Chlamydia Look Like?
- What Are The Consequences Of Untreated Bacterial Vaginitis?
- What Is The Quickest Way To Get Rid Of Genital Warts?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Genital Herpes While Using A Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.