Eye massage

Hi, That might seem an odd question...I have been going to a massage therapist for 2 years now and he disclosed that he was hiv+ at first. That didn't bother me and I kept going every month. But last time I went he performed an eyes massage ( with eyes closed of course )and when I opened my eyes I saw he had some scratches/cuts on his hands. I have been a little worried about it since the eyes are considered as a membrane and he showed some cuts on his hands, ( not bleeding ). Should I keep going and not worry about it? Is there any concern to have with that kind of incident? Thanks.

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there- While HIV has been transmitted through the eye, this has only taken place in settings like hospitals and clinics where a person has had a copious amount of blood splashed in his or her face.I do not consider the situation you describe above a realistic risk and if you massage therapist gives you good massages, I would stick with him. Take care, LHW

Lost no compass
Dubt Testing