|am i free of hiv?
Oct 14, 2012
hi, i had a hight risk BUT i did an antibody hiv test in a laboratory for type 1/2
at 4 weeks ... NEGATIVE at 9 weeks.....NEGATIVE in the same lab at 87 days.....NEGATIVE in the same lab
do i need other test? am i free of hiv?
| Response from Mr. Cordova
While you are not quite at the 90 day mark, I would fee confident in the results of your 87 day test. I do think you need to take another test at the 90 day mark. You can wait until your next regularly scheduled HIV test.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- When Should You Get Tested For Chlamydia Again After Treatment?
- On What Part Of Your Body Can You Have An Outbreak From Herpes
- What Does A Herpes Simplex Outbreak Feel Like?
- What Do Genital Warts Look Like On Men?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- Typical Acute Retroviral Syndrome Disease Progression
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.