Boyfriend hax intercourse with HIV+ female

Hello, my boyfriend had intercourse with a female who is HIV+. He had a negative rapid HIV test at 75 days after the incident. What are his chances of being infected if he used protection?

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Since he used a condom and you didn't mention any problems with it, I would say the risk of transmission is quite low. Using a condom for each and every act of penetrative sex is one of the best ways next to abstinence, to prevent the spread of HIV and many other STD's.

I would feel confident in the results of your 75 day test, but would suggest that if you want a conclusive answer you would need to go in for a final test at 90 days.

In health,

Richard

In Regards To Anal Warts (Please Respond ASAP)
Worried sick about possible infection