In Regards To Anal Warts (Please Respond ASAP)
Oct 10, 2012
Is it possible to contract genital warts on your penis by having anal sex with an infected person upon which the infection exists in the anus?
Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman
Hello- Yes this is a way one can acquire genital warts. The only way to prevent HPV infection is to avoid direct contact with the virus, which is transmitted by skin-to-skin contact. If warts are visible in the genital area, sexual contact should be avoided until the warts are treated. Using a latex condom during sexual intercourse may provide some protection. Hope that helps. take care, LHW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Itchy Scrotum An Acute Symptom Of AIDS?
- Black Spots After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Bronchitis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Licking Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.