watery stool after taking azithromycin

I have been to the GU clinic today and was treated for NSU. i was given 4 tablets of Azithromycin single dose. After an hour, I took a bit of food then had watery stool. Is that normal? I'm a bit worried the medicine just passed through me and that it wont take effect. Has the medicine been absorbed by then? I did not have any watery stool after that. thank you I'd really appreciate your answer.

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there- I would not worry - it is not uncommon to have GI symptoms (nausea or diarrhea) after taking azithromycin. Take care,

LHW

chlamydia
Chlamydia