Unprotected sex with a girl, later found out she had sex with her gay male friend.

I hung out with a female friend of mine 3 weeks back. We went to a bar and had a few drinks. One thing led to another... and we ended up having unprotected sex. We were in the car, and it was in the spur of the moment.. It only lasted 5-10 minutes and I did not ejaculate. A few days later, we had sex again but this time I used a latex condom. After sex, we fell asleep, naked, without blankets for an hour or two. A day or two later I had a sore throat and a minor fever that lasted a day and a half. I did not think much of this at the time, and I want to believe the fever was from sleeping without a blanket (I recall shivering while sleeping naked). I do not recall noticing any swells on my lymph glands/armpit areas, or having any rashes/bumps.

A few weeks later, I find out she had slept with her gay male roommate after a night of heavy drinking.

The problem is, I don't know if she used a condom (I assume they didn't if they were drunk)

other issues include: -I do not know if her roomate is hiv positive/negative. But I do know he is known for leading a promiscuous sex life. -I do not know when they had sex. The timeframe may have been 3~6 months ago. Perhaps earlier.

What I do know, is that it wasn't a recurring thing. I believe it was a one-time deal with her and her roomate. Who knows, there may be parts to the story she left out.

My question/concern is... How likely is it for a male to contract HIV by a HIV+ female from one encounter?

And it has been roughly three weeks since having unprotected sex with my female friend. When is a good time for me to get tested?

A brief background: I have been tested positive for chlamydia in the past, and took antibiotics to get rid of it. I've tested myself every year since and have been in a monogamous relationship for four years after that. I try to practice safe sex, but this event was a major slip up with alcohol involved... The anxiety is driving me crazy.

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there Different factors can increase or decrease transmission risk. For example, taking antiretroviral therapy (i.e., medicines for HIV infection) can reduce the risk of an HIV-infected person transmitting the infection to another by as much as 96%. Consistent use of condoms reduces the risk of getting or transmitting HIV by about 80%. Conversely, having a sexually transmitted infection or a high level of HIV virus in the blood (which happens in early and late-stage infection) may increase transmission risk. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is reviewing the most recent science and constructing mathematical models to update transmission risk and at this time the Estimated Per-Act Probability of Acquiring HIV from an HIV+ woman to a man during unprotected vaginal sex is about 5 per 10,000 exposures. I would suggest testing at 4 weeks when the results of the test will be very accurate. Take care, LHW

HIV Risk from Non-sexual Massage
how HIV survives inside the body