HIV Risk from Non-sexual Massage

I had a massage session in the DC area with a professional therapist. It was an Aromatherapy session at my hotel from a certified therapist. Nothing improper, massaging shoulders, arms, legs, back and very light rub to the chest. Never came close to any private areas or above the neck and always used Lavender oil and therapist was always properly clothed and professional.

Does legitimate massage pose any risk of HIV transmission? Does massage oil facilitate transmission or does it act as a barrier? Wouldn't it be possible for HIV to be transmitted from minor skin cuts (not necessarily visible) on the hands of the masseuse through non-obvious pimples or cuts on my legs/shoulder/back?

I have tested a few years ago with a negative result. Is it advisable to get tested given the above circumstances? Thanks for your advice!

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there- No, there is no risk for HIV transmission from the activities you describe. If you haven't tested in a few years and have been sexually active I would suggest testing, but not because of the circumstances you describe. Take care,

LHW

the function of the C-line in HIV rapid test?
Unprotected sex with a girl, later found out she had sex with her gay male friend.