the function of the C-line in HIV rapid test?

my last risky exposure was on September 2011 and I did HIV rapid test last month.. it came out with only single line at C zone.. however, I feel like I have performed the test inaccurately.. the blood didn't touch the base but when I put the diluent, they did mix.. so I heard that the C line indicates that we have performed the test correctly and our blood has migrated throughout the strip.. do u think my result is conclusive enough? what is the chance of getting a false negative result? and what is the function of C zone actually and how does it work?

plus I have somekind of hairy leukoplakia and seborrheic dermatitis... maybe they are not due to HIV? and as far as I;m concerned, I never had any acute symptoms....

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

The "C" line is the control line. When the "C" line appears that tells us that the test worked correctly. A single line in the control area tells us the following:

1. The test worked properly.

2. The result is negative.

Based on the information you are telling me, I believe the test was accurate. You are negative from this incident. Seborrhoeic dermatitis has nothing to do with HIV. Hairy leukoplakia could be present in someone with a severely compromised immune system as seen in individuals with HIV. However, it's unlikely that your immune system would be so severely compromised in such a short time.

Bottom line: I would trust the result of the test. You are negative from this incident. I would suggest a visit to a dermatologist and doctor if the seborrhoeic dermatitis and hairy leukoplakia continue.

In health,

Richard

Herpes help please!
HIV Risk from Non-sexual Massage