Herpes help please!

What are my chances of getting herpes through unprotected oral sex? I recently received oral sex from a girl with herpes, she was not having an out break and she performed the act for literally about 2 seconds then stopped and I finished on my stomach.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

The virus can be present on the surface even when there are no apparent lesions through a process called shedding, and transmission becomes possible. Oral Herpes is fairly common. Fever blisters or cold sores are a common site. Studies show that HSV 1 sheds orally about 9 to 18% of the time without any symptoms present, and HSV 2 sheds orally about 1% of the time without any symptoms present.

More importantly, you have likely come into contact with Herpes orally long before this incident. Oral Herpes is fairly common, and I would not be too concerned. Unfortunately, there is no cure for Herpes and if you are sexually active, it is likely that you will come into contact with the virus at some point in your life. Many people are infected with the Herpes virus but never experience an outbreak. It's quite possible that you have already been infected with the virus but don't know it.

Unless you experience an outbreak, I would not be concerned. I hope this helps.

In health,

Richard

i had unprotected sex
the function of the C-line in HIV rapid test?