Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Sombody Please Answer!!!
Oct 7, 2012

I am a gay guy of Indian origin, I had an low risk sexual encounter with a person whose HIV status is not known. He performed oral sex on me where in I was the insertive partner and there was no ejaculation during oral sex. He however ejaculated on my tummy. On the 5th day (excluding the day of the sexual encounter) I had diarrhea with very little discomfort in the stomach. I guess hard water and large quantities of chicken I consumed could have possibly caused it. However I consumed a lot of coke (Coca Cola) and felt much better. Though my visits to the loo returned to a normal of 2-3 per day, my bowels continued to remain watery for about 5 days. I did not have any other symptom like fever, sore throat, or fatigue. I have read that HIV first maifests in the gastro-intestinal track and as early as day 5. Could this diarrhea be a sign of ARS?

I had bought new low impact running shoes and tried them on the 28th day (excluding the day of the sexual encounter) and while running on the thread mill found the the shoes were uncomfortable and gave me a lower back ache, I couldn't exert myself to running at 11 kms/hr and more which i otherwise did. Ofcourse anxiety about possible infection had already creapt in by than. I could more or less perform all the other weight trainings at the gym. I was diagnosed anemic due to low RBC count with defficient Vitamin B12 and D3 just around the day of the sexual encounter, the medication for which started around the 21st day after the sexual encounter. Is this fatigue a symptom of ARS.

On the 34th day (excluding the day of the sexual encounter) I had a sore throat which disappeared on the 36th day. I guess it was a result of inadequate sleep of 4 hours on the 32nd and 34th day.

On the 37th day, I had a tiny mouth ulcer appearing just beyond the periphery of the lips inside my mouth. As traditional medicine suggested to me I dabbed the ulcer with salt. It got healed by the 39th day with no visible lesion but i can make out where the ulcer was with my tongue. There is no hard or painful remnant at the place of the ulcer.

I have had no fever, no lymph node swelling, But I guess due to anxiety I have a few boils appearing on my scalp, clogged pores resulting into eruptions on the nose ( I have an oily T complexion)

I know symptoms are no way of knowing whether one is infected but Can I possibly be?

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

As you said in your question, this situation was low-risk. Nothing you have described, symptoms included, leads me to believe that you were infected with HIV.

Bottom line: If you need a test for your peace of mind, then you could certainly go in for one at 90 days. I do not think your risk warrants it though.

In health,

Richard

Previous
Can you get HIV from licking the outside of a vagina?
Next
Please, Please answer!!!!!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.