Oct 6, 2012
hello dr, i did hiv screen 1/2 antibody test at 10th week after my 1 time exposure that was negative still iam scared very much is this test enough or i need to do another test anymore please guide me thank you
| Response from Ms. Southall
Hi The guidelines for HIV testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks then again at 3 months, if both of these tests are negative then so are you, as long as there were no other types of exposure during that 3 month period, if so then the timing starts over again.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Open Mouth Kissing
- Protected Anal Sex How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Risks Of Contracting HIV From Hole In Condom
- Risks Of Contracting HIV From Sucking Breast
- Risks Of Contracting HIV From Swallowing Cum
- Risks Of Contracting HIV From Touching Feces
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.