|should i be concerned
Oct 6, 2012
hi, i work for a dental office. And i was changing the dental traps without gloves and i have eczema with cuts on my finger i got tested and it was nnegative but should i get tested again?
| Response from Ms. Southall
Hi The guidelines for HIV testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks then again at 3 months, if both of these tests are negative then so are you, as long as there were no other types of exposure during that 3 month period, if so then the timing starts over again.
The type of exposure you experienced does carry a low risk of HIV transmission.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sucking Breast And Dna Pcr Testing
- Testing Negative After Fisting
- Too Scared To Get Tested After Getting Fingered
- Touching Broken Skin How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- What Are The Chances Of Getting HIV From Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation?
- What Are The Odds Of Getting AIDS From Oral Sex On A Woman?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.