|Dr urgent question ...please answer me asap
Oct 6, 2012
Hi Dr shannon I had my last hiv test after 35 days of the risk, it was HIV AB/AG test and my result was negstive , is that enough to resume my life without being worried Thank you
| Response from Ms. Southall
Hi The guidelines for HIV testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks then again at 3 months, if both of these tests are negative then so are you, as long as there were no other types of exposure during that 3 month period, if so then the timing starts over again.
I would recommend getting your test at 90 days then you will know for sure your HIV status.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dark Bumps After Fingering Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Erectile Dysfunction After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Headache After Drinking After Someone Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- HIVpain In Penis After Nipple Biting Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rectal Bleeding After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.