Can I get hiv from one night stand anal sex with a gay?

Im Mr. Anxious. What are the chances I get hiv from one night stand anal sex with a gay? I am 21 and I had anal sex with a gay (i was the penetrator) but i didnt ejaculate inside. After that I got diagnosed with gonorrhea but I was treated, what are the chances I could get hiv from that event? It just happened once. Help me. My anxiety's eating me alive.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

Unprotected anal sex is definitely risky for HIV and STDs, as you found out with the gonorrhea. HIV is transmitted during sex through the same way that gonorrhea is. It's going to be very important to get tested at 3 months for HIV. Sometimes it can be a challenging to make it that long.. You were saying that you're already feeling anxiety. What can help during this time is to find a trusted person you can talk to.

There is something that can help you feel better though: it's less risky to be the one penetrating than being penetrated.

In the future, it's very very important to use protection during sex. It can help to keep condoms on your when you think sex might happen.

Hope this helps!

Erik

Flu vs ARS
Viral Load Testing for Diagnosis