Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Can I get hiv from one night stand anal sex with a gay?
Sep 30, 2012

Im Mr. Anxious. What are the chances I get hiv from one night stand anal sex with a gay? I am 21 and I had anal sex with a gay (i was the penetrator) but i didnt ejaculate inside. After that I got diagnosed with gonorrhea but I was treated, what are the chances I could get hiv from that event? It just happened once. Help me. My anxiety's eating me alive.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

Unprotected anal sex is definitely risky for HIV and STDs, as you found out with the gonorrhea. HIV is transmitted during sex through the same way that gonorrhea is. It's going to be very important to get tested at 3 months for HIV. Sometimes it can be a challenging to make it that long.. You were saying that you're already feeling anxiety. What can help during this time is to find a trusted person you can talk to.

There is something that can help you feel better though: it's less risky to be the one penetrating than being penetrated.

In the future, it's very very important to use protection during sex. It can help to keep condoms on your when you think sex might happen.

Hope this helps!

Erik

Previous
Flu vs ARS
Next
Viral Load Testing for Diagnosis

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.