Worrying about STD

I had sex with a woman about a month ago. We wore a condom but we did have unprotected sex for about 10-20 seconds. I am 36 and always been a worrier about everything especially disease. Since the encounter all I have done was worry to the point where I may have made myself sick. Three weeks after the encounter (Monday 9/24) I was tested for hiv and negative. A few days after my test (9/27) I got chills, tingly back, and sweats. Again, I worry about things to the point where I really stress myself out, and I feel very guilty for sleeping with this woman (my wife and I are separated). Any advice is greatly appreciated. I asked the woman about her status and she said 6 months ago her checkup was clear.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Unfortunately, a three week test is too soon to tell whether or not an infection has occurred. However, the risk itself sounds fairly low. A 10 to 20 second episode of insertive vaginal sex is not that high of a risk. You could go in for an initial HIV test at 28 days. If that test result is negative, then you will need to follow up with a 90 day test as well. I would expect that test to be negative as well. I do not think your symptoms have anything to do with HIV. They could most certainly be stress related. Good luck.

In health,

Richard

Vers sex with HIV + Guy
what is the risk of transmission?