i guess, you're going to say me "oh, come on!" but i can't help myself.

hi, here is my result;

anti hiv (elisa): negative 0,43 S/CO. there is no reference range but it says i'm negative.

it's okay, it's negative but i cannot stop thinking... i went to hospital after 5 or 5.5 months after unprotected sex. and lymph nodes at my throat is bigger than usual for more than 2 months. i guess, i am paranoid but i'm freaking out. my lymph nodes are 13 mm, my ENT specialist said "it seems okay, but you should come again". please help me, i am about to lose my control.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

You don't mention if you had a specific risk or not. As long as your HIV test was 90 days post exposure, then that test result is conclusive, and you should feel confident in the result. Your lymph nodes can become enlarged for all sorts of reasons. If the ENT Specialist isn't too concerned then I would not be either. I would however make sure you follow up with them as directed. If you feel you need a second opinion, then I would suggest you get one.

As long as your test was done 90 days posts exposure, you are HIV negative. If you are unable to believe the results of your test then perhaps you might benefit from speaking to a qualified mental health professional. They can help you work through the reasons why you are having trouble believing the results of your test. If you are unable to work with a counselor or therapist, then alternatively you could talk with a trusted family member or friend. Preferably though, you should seek out a qualified mental health professional if at all possible.

Good luck,

Richard

SHORT EXPOSURE
hi richard, sorry if i bother but im really scare now