My ex had unprotected sex with a prostitute

Hi, I thiught i was in a faithful relationdhip with my bf for six months, i was just HIV tested two months ago and I was negative. I jus found out that my bf slept with a prostitute and then slept with me. 5 days later. He didn't protect his self. What r the chances of me being hiv positive if he contracted it from a prostitute? I think the sex he had with her was rough and wild from the way he explained it. I am so depressed!!!!!!

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

I am sorry to hear that your boyfriend put you at risk like that! I can understand why you are depressed. If he only had sex with her once, the likelihood of him contracting HIV would be fairly low, especially since he was the insertive partner (the risk is lower for the insertive partner).

I would suggest that you get an HIV test 90 days from the last time you had unprotected sex with your boyfriend. In addition to testing for HIV, I would suggest a full round of STD screenings, just to be certain. Good luck.

In health,

Richard

about hiv test
Possible HIV exposure? Worried for my son