doctor shannon clear my doubt kindly
Sep 30, 2012
is 90 days mark hiv antibody test is conclusive? after that the body get hiv positive is possible? kindly reply mw ,thank you
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi The guidelines for HIV testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks then again at 3 months, if both of these tests are negative then so are you, as long as there were no other types of exposure during that 3 month period, if so then the timing starts over again.
So yes, 90 days is conclusive as long as there were no other exposures during that time.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Bronchitis A Symptom Of HIV?
- Erectile Dysfunction After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Balls After Barebacking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rash After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- How Long Does It Take For Symptoms From A Std To Show Up?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.