doctor shannon clear my doubt kindly
Sep 30, 2012
is 90 days mark hiv antibody test is conclusive? after that the body get hiv positive is possible? kindly reply mw ,thank you
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi The guidelines for HIV testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks then again at 3 months, if both of these tests are negative then so are you, as long as there were no other types of exposure during that 3 month period, if so then the timing starts over again.
So yes, 90 days is conclusive as long as there were no other exposures during that time.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Symptoms Of This Std In Men Can Cause Epididymitis And Can Also Spread To The Blood Or Joints
- Accuracy Of Elisa Test After 30 Days
- Can Hiv Test Be Wrong At 4 Months?
- Can My Boyfriend Give Me Mono Through Oral Sex?
- Cut In Mouth Drinking Out Of Someone's Glass HIV Risk
- Hiv Positive Woman And Hiv Negative Man
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.