one HUGE mistake

Ok, so a few I have a little situation thats been going on, and I need some clarification. About a month ago I was at a party, and with too much alcohol I reluctantly headed to the bedroom with this guy I just met. We were fooling around and then we ended up having sex. We were both in no state of mind to be thinking clearly, so we had forgot about a condom for the first 15 or so minutes, when we remembered, he put one on, and we just kept going. Now here i am a few weeks later, with a bunch of people telling me i shouldn't have had sex with him because they say he has aids. I asked him point blank if he had aids and he said he didnt. but he has been with numerous partners and is known as kind of a "player" so i wouldn't doubt that he would lie about that. Now since we did technically use the condom, but not right from the beginning, and that he may or may not have aids, what are the chances i have contacted the virus?

Hi First, just because someone is known as a player does not mean that they have HIV or any other type of sexually transmitted infections. though somebody who does have multiple partners does increase their risk for sexually transmitted infections.

Getting a condom on at any point of the sexual interaction decreases the chance of HIV transmission, but because of the first 15 minutes being unprotected does increase the risk.

I would recommend getting tested, for peace of mind and to know your status.

time line
Worry Wort!!!!!