Exposure to Blood from a possible Infected Person

Good Day to you Please Can you help me with a few Questions. I have had a possible HIV Exposure and I am not sure what to do and I am having sleepless nights as My Colleague is HIV Positive

3 Days ago outside the office Our Company Truck was being cleaned by a staff member he was drying the car with a white absorbent towel. I asked him to pass me the towel as I wanted to clean the dashboard on the inside as he passed me the towel I did not notice any blood on the towel only while busy cleaning the dashboard did i notice wet blood stains on the towel.

I Immediately threw the towel down and went to wash my hands with Pine Gel Disinfectant and Hot Water. My Work Colleague did not realize he cut his baby finger.

as i asked him are you bleedin abd he had to look on his hands to find the cut.

What deeply concerns me is 2 days earlier i punctured my left index finger quite deeply with a screwdriver the wound was dry but still slighly open with a scab on , however the wound was not completely closed nor was my wound bleeding

What I can say is after handling the towel No Blood was visible on my hands as the blood from my colleague was diluted with the water on the towel and was absored in the towel

The Towel was sitting in the sun on the hood of the car for about a minute or 2 before i used the towel

What risk Do i have of contracting HIV from this type of exposure. ? I have informed My wife and will have to have no sex or protected sex until i get tested

When should I get tested and do you recommend A Early detection Test

Please Help ?

Hi The risk of HIV transmission is very small with what you have experienced. HIV dies once it is outside of the body, there would have to be a large volume of blood going directly into your wound, which would have to be more freshly open.

For peace of mind that you are asking for: The guidelines for HIV testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks then again at 3 months, if both of these tests are negative then so are you, as long as there were no other types of exposure during that 3 month period, if so then the timing starts over again.

Be well and stay safe,Shannon

doubt about masturbation on window period
Should i get tested? please help