Question about oral swab test

I have a few questions about the oral swab HIV 1/2 test. I just had one done, which was new for me. The test was negative!!!! My question now is...

1. Is this test as accurate as a blood test? 2. Does a negative result need confirmatory test by a blood test? 3. Is the test designed to be user error proof (i.e. if there was not enough fluid or lack of fluid on the swab), would the test indicate this?

Thank you so much for all of you answers and God Bless you all for all the work that all of you are doing!

Hi The oral test is just as accurate as the blood test. A negative result does not require any additional testing, though a positive result does require confirmatory results. A positive oral test is called preliminary positive and hence needs the confirmatory. There is a control marker on the test to show that it has been done correctly.

The guidelines for HIV testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks then again at 3 months, if both of these tests are negative then so are you, as long as there were no other types of exposure during that 3 month period, if so then the timing starts over again.

health care worker, plz help me sir.
Testing