I touched an old band-aid, im 13 and scared.

In class my friend found an old used band-aid on the floor, he jokingly threw it at me and the part that touches the skin touched my shirt and hand. At first i assumed it was nothing so I did not wash my hands before eating. Is there anyway i could have gotten HIV/AIDS if the blood on the band-aid was infected.

Thanks

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for the question,

There is absolutely no risk from the situation you're describing. Even if the band-aid had been used by someone who was HIV positive, the blood in the band-aid would've dried waaaaaay before you came in contact with it.

Hope this helps!

Erik

Safe Sex and Weight Issue
health care worker, plz help me sir.