Re darunavir.

GDay Doctor. I have an ongoing issue with (some) yellowing of the eyes and was told it was most likely due to atazanavir. My billirubum (?) is nearly 50. I also take tenofovir,ritonovir,3tc,acyclovir. 28yrs poz. undetectable 8yrs. 950 tcells. Does Darunavir affect cholesterol levels- is this much of a concern in most individuals? Thanks for your response. Regards John ( Melbourne Aust)

Atazanavir (Reyataz) is well known to cause a harmless increase in bilirubin in the blood that can cause yellowing of the whites of the eyes.

Darunavir is an excellent alternative. It also is taken with Norvir. The effect of darunavir on cholesterol and triglyceride levels is better than that seen with Kaletra and is probably not dissimilar to the effects of atazanavir. So, a switch to this drug seems like a good idea.

This train wont stop
Hepatitis b, c